Saturday, March 31, 2012

What a Difference a Year Makes

I had a great 41 mile ride today.  I've learned in cycling that this sport will both build you up and humble you.  I've had rides where I bonked.  Where other rides have passed me like I was standing still and they make it look like they're not even trying.

Today was a day that build me up.  I'd been riding for just over 2 hours and I saw a pack of riders ahead of me.  They were working hard and we were all riding into a strong headwind.  I had a strong cadence and I could tell that I was going to catch up to them.  Today was the day that I was able to pass the other riders and make it look easy.  In tradition of passing you always say good morning and those being passed try to say good morning back through their labored breathing.  I've had plenting of practice trying to say good morning back through my heavy breathing.  Today I was the one who made it look easy.  What a difference a year and some extra pounds less make.

No comments: