The day finally arrived for the SLC Front Runner Metric Century. It was 35 degrees at the start of the ride and their was a strong breeze the entire ride, but the ride was so well put together. It started off following a greenbelt and then eventually we headed into country roads. We rode to the entrance of Antelope Island and then to Far West before heading back in to Ogden to catch the train back to SLC. For the first 40 miles I averaged almost 20 mph. I can see where I've become a stronger rider, but riding with a group, I can see just how strong some of the other riders are, because I can't even come close to hanging with them. My total time for this 62 mile adventure was 3 hours and 48 minutes, which is a personal best. When I gave the my estimate to the ride organizers of how long I thought it would take me I was thinking 4 1/2 hrs, so this was great.
The ride back on the Front Runner was fun. Overall it was a great ride. I was really fortunate that Stephanie was able to come down to SLC for the weekend with me and Kristine gave us a great surprise by keeping the kids for the weekend. What a great vacation!!!!!








1 comment:
So proud of you! I'm so glad we got to spend the weekend together!
Post a Comment