Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Riding the Greenbelt


I did something today that I haven't done in a long time.  I rode the Boise Greenbelt.  I parked my car at the Glennwood Bridge and rode up to Lucky Peak and back.  33 miles round trip.  It brought back a lot of old memories.  The last time I did any riding on the greenbelt, I had Blake with me when he was a baby and pulled him in a bike trailer. 

I used to work for the parks department when I was in college.  My main job was taking care of the greenbelt.  Today brought back a lot of college memories.

I also saw something that I will never do.  I will never dress up on my riding jersey and shorts and attach a bike trailer to a thousand dollar bike.

Today also reminded me how much I enjoy my Schwinn Tourist hybrid bike.  It is one of the best bikes I've ever owned.

No comments: